On today’s show, Chrysty Summers and I take a look at resources geared specifically toward planning weddings at the Disney parks and resorts. These days, there is a staggering amount of wedding-planning information available in basically every medium, but it can be difficult to find details on the many things unique to planning a Disney wedding: minimum requirements, vendor rules, venue photos, prices, etc.
In this episode, we’ll look at a number of resources, from the Disney wedding guidebook and Disney-focused wedding sites to online communities where you can share stories and get advice from other Disney brides and grooms. Links to all the resources discussed on the show are listed below.
- PassPorter’s Disney Weddings & Honeymoons: Comprehensive guidebook and bridal organizer
- Magical Day Weddings: Real wedding spotlights and vendor lists
- Magical Day Weddings Mentors: Advice from experts in myriad aspects of weddings and honeymoons
- Disney Brides Facebook Group: Private discussion group for Disney brides and grooms
- DISBoards Weddings & Honeymoons Forum: Public discussion forum for Disney brides and grooms
- Disney Brides Forum: Private discussion forum for Disney brides and grooms
- Disneymooner Forum: Private discussion forum for Disney brides and grooms
- Your Fairytale Wedding: Blog produced by Disneymooner members
- Budget Fairy Tale: Budget and DIY information
- Disney Wedding Inspiration: Just what it says on the box!
- Disneyland Brides Facebook Group: Private discussion group for Disneyland brides and grooms
- Swalphins Facebook Group: Private discussion group for Swan & Dolphin brides and grooms
- Disney Travel Babble: Venue photos, Escape Collection cake and bouquet photos, how to plan a private event, how to order a fancy cake
- Magical Kingdoms: Photos and Disney catered event menus for reference
- Touring Plans: Disney parks touring strategies
- AllEars.net: Clearinghouse of Disney parks information, including lots of photos and restaurant menus
- Disney Food Blog: Everything you ever wanted to know about eating at the Disney parks!
- PassPorter.com: Award-winning guidebooks, e-books, articles and forums
- MousePlanet.com: Disneyland and Walt Disney World news updates and refurbishment dates
- …. and click HERE to email Chrysty Summers for advice on Disneyland honeymoons
SUBSCRIBE to the Disney Wedding Podcast in iTunes — it’s FREE! New episodes will automatically download and sync to your iPod, iPhone or iPad
Option-click or right-click here to DOWNLOAD this program as an MP3
Click here to GRAB the RSS feed