On today’s show, Chrysty Summers and I will show you how to save hundreds of dollars on Disney hotel reservations for your honeymoon, planning session or anniversary trip.
Disney’s “best kept secret” isn’t the Disney Vacation Club, it’s the ability to rent points from club members to stay in Deluxe Disney resorts at a fraction of the rack rate. When a Disney Vacation Club member’s points are due to expire before he or she can use them, often the member will “rent” them out (i.e., use them to make a reservation for another person at a rate based on the number of points required). Today we’ll explain how the process works and where to find members who can rent you the points you need. We’ll also look at the differences between Disney Vacation Club rooms and regular hotel rooms so you’ll know if point rental is right for you.
More Information on Disney Vacation Club
- PassPorter’s Disney Vacation Club Guide: Comprehensive information on how DVC ownership and point-rental works
- DVC News: Points charts and breaking news
- Orange County Comptroller: Verify someone actually owns a DVC contract (WDW resorts only) by searching with their last name as Grantee
- My Disney Reservation: Verify the reservation has been made
Find Points for Rent
- Disboards.com: Find points for rent by owner
- Mouseowners.com: Find points or post requests for specific date/resort combinations
- David’s Vacation Club Rentals: Service with no member-renter contact. Request specific date/resort
- SellMyTimeshareNow.com: Learn more about how to rent DVC points through private owners and find deals at up to 60% off.
- Timeshare Store: Service with no member-renter contact. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with
- Date checking in
- Date checking out
- Resort desired
- Size of room
- Names of those staying in the room and ages of any children
- Home address
- Phone number
SUBSCRIBE to the Disney Wedding Podcast in iTunes — it’s FREE! New episodes will automatically download and sync to your iPod, iPhone or iPad
Option-click or right-click here to DOWNLOAD this program as an MP3
Click here to GRAB the RSS feed