Whether you are short on park admission for part of your honeymoon or just need a break from commando touring, this episode will give you ideas for numerous romantic things to see and do without setting foot in a theme park. This week I’m joined once again by Disney Wedding Blog Mentor and Walt Disney World honeymooner extraordinaire Chrysty Summers to discuss the myriad recreation and dining opportunities that exist outside the parks.
We start with a look at ways to view fireworks from outside the parks, whether from a romantic meal at a restaurant, a private catered event, or a hammock on the beach. Then we look at tours you can take in and around the parks without park admission—maybe not so romantic-sounding at first, but a great way to create shared memories!
Next we discuss the many forms of romantic transportation at Walt Disney World, boats being at the top of my list and carriage rides at the top of Chrysty’s! We also cover spa experiences, “just married” photo shoots, and ways to add in-room treats and gifts.
Check out the show notes below for the links and phone numbers we mention in this episode.
- Disney Dining Reservations: 407-WDW-DINE (939-3463)
- How to Order a Cake
- How to Plan a Private Party for Two
- Walt Disney World Tours: 407-WDW-TOUR (939-8687)
- Walt Disney World Recreation (Specialty Cruises, Boat & Bike Rental, Horseback Riding, Carriage Rides): 1-407-WDW-PLAY (939-7529)
- Disney Spa Information and Swan & Dolphin Spa Information
- Disney Fine Art Photography: 407-934-4004
- Disney Floral & Gifts: 407-827-3505
- Memories By Betsy
- Gifts of a Lifetime
SUBSCRIBE to the Disney Wedding Podcast in iTunes — it’s FREE! New episodes will automatically download and sync to your iPod, iPhone or iPad
Option-click or right-click here to DOWNLOAD this program as an MP3
Click here to GRAB the RSS feed